Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lorne

Paint Request To Honour Exceptional Canadian Pilots

Guest Lorne

Dear Simmers: As an aviation historian/enthusiast and simmer, I would like to ask the talented artists out there to consider this request: A great pilot saved hundreds of lives in a near disaster in 1983, and to my shock, his plane has never been painted. So, I would ask that his plane is honoured by your fine talents. Air Canada Capt. (retired) Bob Pearson performed an extraordinary deadstick landing a brand new Air Canada Boeing 767 on an abandoned airstrip in Gimli, Manitoba. The jet was fuel starved, engines out. I would ask that you do this paint specifically for the Overland Simmer's Sky SMS Boeing 767, because it is my favorite payware 767, it is popular, and easy to use (without a complicated FMC). It is a beautiful plane, with Air Canada's Old Colors (red stripes, solid red tail with a white stylized maple leaf in a circle). Pictures of it are available on countless websites. However, here are two links to the famed "Gimli Glider" incident: http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/st...af3&k=19959http://www.cbc.ca/national/blog/video/envi...nniversary.htmlPlease let me know if I can help. My personal email is Lornejordan@hotmail.com. Many thanks for whomever takes this on. No one has done this jet in Air Canada's old colors, so it would be an original work and very pretty, and it would honour what that very fine pilot did that day. He also retired the jet this year and flew it to its decommissioning site for scrap in the USA!!!