Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Doug Moldenhauer

Stock 737 Flight Director

Hi, I was wondering if someone might shed some light on a problem I'm having. I'm trying to get the flight director to work when I'm on a ILS approach. I've searched the forum and noticed that someone says that it works in this mode. When I try to hand fly the approach, the needles don't seem to move. I select a freq on the radio. I get the normal ILS promps on the PFD, but the FD isn't showing flying cues....it just sits there. I have App selected on the ecas panel.Am I doing something wrong or is this broke?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, I was wondering if someone might shed some light on a problem I'm having. I'm trying to get the flight director to work when I'm on a ILS approach. I've searched the forum and noticed that someone says that it works in this mode. When I try to hand fly the approach, the needles don't seem to move. I select a freq on the radio. I get the normal ILS promps on the PFD, but the FD isn't showing flying cues....it just sits there. I have App selected on the ecas panel.Am I doing something wrong or is this broke?
Well I was sniffing around inside the PFD.XML file and I found the section for the Commanded Bank (FD vertical Bar). It seems they were using Radians and theFD display is scaled from -20 to +20 degrees.
      <Element id="FD Vert Bar">                    <FloatPosition>111.000,87.000</FloatPosition>                    <Image id="pfd_attitude_fd_bar_vertical.bmp" Name="pfd_attitude_fd_bar_vertical.bmp">                        <Transparent>True</Transparent>                        <Bright>True</Bright>                    </Image>                    <Shift id="Shift">                        <Scale>2.700,0.000</Scale>                        <Expression id="Expression">                            <Minimum>-20.000</Minimum>                            <Maximum>20.000</Maximum>                            <script>(A:Autopilot flight director bank, radians) (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees:1, radians) - /-/</Script>                        </Expression>                    </Shift>                </Element>

I changed it to:

<Element id="FD Vert Bar">                    <FloatPosition>111.000,87.000</FloatPosition>                    <Image id="pfd_attitude_fd_bar_vertical.bmp" Name="pfd_attitude_fd_bar_vertical.bmp">                        <Transparent>True</Transparent>                        <Bright>True</Bright>                    </Image>                    <Shift id="Shift">                        <Scale>2.700,0.000</Scale>                        <Expression id="Expression">                            <Minimum>-20.000</Minimum>                            <Maximum>20.000</Maximum>                            <script>(A:Autopilot flight director bank, degrees) (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees:1, degrees) - /-/</Script>                        </Expression>                    </Shift>                </Element>

Now it works fine in Approach Mode, HDG Hold Mode and GPS/VOR Mode.