Sign in to follow this  
Guest FSYoda

The Ultimate: Tile Proxy + Scenery

Guest FSYoda

I have just started using TP and tweaked my settings with Service 1. This is truly an amazing gem that Christian Buchner has brought to everyone involved with the FS world. I have a new Core i7 and TP works astonishingly fast with my 15Mbps down stream. Every tile is extremely high resolution and absolutely stunning with no blurries. 5 years ago, I would have never dreamed of this type of realism with a Flight Sim product.With that thought, what about 5 years from now? Would real world Scenery be the next big thing to add to flight sim? With services such as Pictometry that give you the "bird's eye view" feature at live.com, we could combine the high resolution oblique imagery from this source and resolve the images into actual 3D models. Here is an example of exactly just that: http://www.pictometry.com/government/product_3d.shtmlI can't imagine this coming true 5 years from now. If it does, imagine the possibilities and especially the growth in awe-inspired enthusiast like many of us here. I know that new GPU technologies may make the extreme amount of computation required to analyze and produce 3D structures no-sweat in the future. And who knows, maybe FS11 will bring a more open scenery structure that will enable Christian to develop some crazy kernel level filtering mechanism for the 3D scenery objects!Thanks a lot Christian, you're seriously charting the future for flight simmers!

Guest FSYoda

I don't see how I can edit my post, but here is a video of Virtual Earth 3D, same concept: