Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashleigh Davidson

FFX / SGA 727 FD Question

Guest Boone

Hi all,First of all I just want to say what a gorgeous looking model this is. Couldn't believe how nice this puppy looked when I first loaded her up.Has any once else noticed the flight dynamics seem a little extreme? She handles nice in the air but tends to take off like a rocket. I've heard these planes are powerful but are they this powerful on take off?Please do not consider this a negative comment in anyway as I am flying this beauty all the time. I am just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the characteristics of a 727?Thank you (and especially FFX / SGA)Regards,Boone

Guest Rob

Hi Boone,I sort of noticed this when I started flying the 727-200. I found that just putting a little trim in cures the problem, and makes it a lot easier to land.

Guest Boone

Cheers Rob, Best, Boone

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

This model and it's sister 737 are rapidly becoming my current favourite models. I remember once being on the flight deck of a 727 and recall the throttles being advanced in 3 stages. The take off roll seemed forever. The initial acceleration was slow due to the stage settings the Commander had called. What I would like to know is, can I add to the cfg file anything that would make this model a little stickier until say 80 knots and slower to accelerate to 250 ? (I think this would apply to most FS2002 models) Watching the older 727's, the take off run was quite long, with the climb out not as dramatic as say, the newer 757 types to build up speed. I don't know anything about adjustments to flight dynamics in order to achieve this.Thanks for reading and hope you can advise.Ashleigh