Sign in to follow this  
Guest rici

Anyone using SSW A310 FMGC

Guest rici

Hiya, to anyone using the SSW's A310 FMGC, I am having some problems with the step climb. I have read the manual twice and this is what I am doing: I go to vertical revisions and then to 'STEP PRED' once there I type in the FL. I then get all the predications but they show up as zero. As well as this I always get the 'Step Less Than 15 Mins' message. This means, as I understand it, that the cruise at this FL will be less than 15min before the desent. That cannot be right because I still have around 3000nm left until T/D! Then when I click 'insert' nothing happens.Ok so I have three questions:1)Has anyone else managed to get a step climb in? 2)What am I doing wrong?3)The manual states that if the step is more than 8000ft from current FL, the 'STEP not available' message will appear. I set FL to 50, and then set step to FL330. No error message. Sorry, but I just do not get this part of the manual! I would be gratful for any help. Cheers