Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ChiFlyer80

Fsx Fatal Error

Mhmm, Very confusing and quite frustrating. Ive had the PMDG MD-11 with about 4 liveries installed for at least a month, I go to recently install a fifth one a KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Livery. I go on over to FSX To , But on the FSX Splash Screen I get a fatal error for some odd reason, I send the error reports etc, Ive did a bunch of thingssuch as seeing if my DirectX is installed correctly etc.The FIRST time I ran FSX after the repaint download It came up with a message saying couldnt open a nonexistant file "microsoft games/ fsx/ texture" - This isnt the correct directory its abbreviated but you get the point.So I go create the folder texture and still no luck.Extremly Wierd - someone please help meAlso - If I uninstall FSX and re-install do I lose all of my addons/payware? I dont think I do - Can someone give me a conformation?Thanks--Joe.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

UPDATE! UPDATE!I (SORTA) fixed it on my own - For those of you who have similar issues and running Windows XPStart > Run > %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX Delete the fsx cfg file - NOT the FSX.CFG Notepad doc But the CFG file labeled "fsx"Then restart FSX - FSX will reload like the time you just brought it.But Okay, Now I can get past the splash screen - But when I click free flight, It freezes and goes to a fatal error. - New Problem.---Joe.