Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest RET_1935

Winds Aloft- I'm Still Getting Battered

I was using ASX and uprgraded to ASA because I heard the severe windshifting aloft had been solved, but I seem to still getting be hammered. What am I doing wrong? I have checked "enable visibility graduation and smoothing" in the Visibility options page and "enable direct wind control and smoothing" in the wind options page. I have tried several aircraft including Flight 1 Super 80 classic, ATR 72-500, and ERJ 145 but I still get slammed into overspeed conditions all the time. What can I do?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I was using ASX and uprgraded to ASA because I heard the severe windshifting aloft had been solved, but I seem to still getting be hammered. What am I doing wrong? I have checked "enable visibility graduation and smoothing" in the Visibility options page and "enable direct wind control and smoothing" in the wind options page. I have tried several aircraft including Flight 1 Super 80 classic, ATR 72-500, and ERJ 145 but I still get slammed into overspeed conditions all the time. What can I do?
*Bump*Geeze, am I the only one having this problem?

FSUIPC allows one to control this quite nicely.
There are a few of us here that have that problem, and FSUIPC manages it but doesn't eliminate the problem. I went back to ASX because FSUIPC did a better job of handling the wind shifts. In ASA I haven't been able to fly at all since every weather update casues issues with my airspeed.TanksAndy