Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Is There A Way To Make Smoke Stay Longer?

Was wondering if there was a way to keep the smoke longer in FSX so one can see skywriting and also see the results of stunts?PS> Using AS-F-16

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I copied this from the Microsoft Flight Simulator website, which had an article on skywriting a few months ago."In C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\Effects, locate fx_smoke_w.fx. Make a backup copy of this file and put it in a safe place should you want to revert to the original file. Open fx_smoke_w.fx with Notepad or another text editor. In the [Particle.0] section, change the line that reads Lifetime=30.5, 30.5 to Lifetime=1200, 1200. Save the file."The rest of the article goes on to describe how to do the actual skywriting, but I'm in the middle of defragging my hard drive. Just took a quick break to check the forums. Hope this helps

I copied this from the Microsoft Flight Simulator website, which had an article on skywriting a few months ago."In C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\Effects, locate fx_smoke_w.fx. Make a backup copy of this file and put it in a safe place should you want to revert to the original file. Open fx_smoke_w.fx with Notepad or another text editor. In the [Particle.0] section, change the line that reads Lifetime=30.5, 30.5 to Lifetime=1200, 1200. Save the file."The rest of the article goes on to describe how to do the actual skywriting, but I'm in the middle of defragging my hard drive. Just took a quick break to check the forums. Hope this helps
Hey Thanks will try it out!