Sign in to follow this  
Guest RET_1935

Wind Shift Captured On Screenshot

Guest RET_1935

Just thought I would share a couple of screenshots and a brief explanation what is happening when to me when I use ASA. I have been following the threads so I know Hi-Fi is working on a solution to a lot of what is happening. This post is not a rant or a complaint, just an effort to help explain both verbally and graphically what is happening when I use ASA. I don't know if it will help or not but here goes...The flight was conducted last night in Flight One's ATR 72-500 from ST Louis to Norfolk at FL230. Winds shift instantly almost 180 degrees and fluctuate by more than 70knts. (the screen shots don

Guest SimPilotMN

RET, I see you were on VATSIM with FSInn. That is what I use too, I wonder if there is anything else in common with other users having trouble with ASA? Before ASA I always have to turn off FSInn weather, or I get wind shift/high temps above a certain altitude and I can't keep the speed up.I'll add a shot I took of my task manager a few minuets before on OOM crash (which was after 1.5 hours, on decent, and was reproduced a second time).Task.jpg

Guest RET_1935
RET, I see you were on VATSIM with FSInn. That is what I use too, I wonder if there is anything else in common with other users having trouble with ASA? Before ASA I always have to turn off FSInn weather, or I get wind shift/high temps above a certain altitude and I can't keep the speed up.I'll add a shot I took of my task manager a few minuets before on OOM crash (which was after 1.5 hours, on decent, and was reproduced a second time).Task.jpg
I'm not sure either, but for the record I have FSInn's weather turned off. I have experienced the OOM crash too on a Super 80 Flight from San Francisco to ST.Louis it occured near Kansas City on decent. I wasn't keeping track of the time but 1.5- 2.0 hours sounds about right. Either way I have shelved ASA because for me it makes FSX unusable, which of courses is very frustrating.