Sign in to follow this  
Guest goingballistic

Vista64 And Tile Proxy Load Problem

Guest goingballistic

Hi, new here and am looking for some help. I have had Flight Sim X for a while and was running under XP, single core and was slow as you know what. My wife bought me a new box, dual core so I could load and use Tile Proxy, now the problem.I downloaded Tile Proxy and unpon installation, Vista64 Home edition errors on the unsigned driver when it loads. Well it actually doesn't load due to this. I've uninstalled it and spent about a week looking for a way around it but can't find one.Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you get around it.What I've done but hasn't worked.BCDedit and set DDSIABLE_INTEGRITY _CHECKS, does nothingF8 on boot, select ignore signed, does nothingFrom what I can gather, Vista has plugged the unsigned hole in windows so the only way to load it is to have the driver signed which isn't happening unless I sign it which I have no diea how to do.Anyone got a work around for this?Thanks, Paul.

Guest cbuchner1

Windows XP Professional 64 bit is so much better in that regard.The problem with driver signing is that you have to be more or less a commercial entity in order to get the required digital certificate. And it`s not free either. And it has to be done by the author of the software doing the signing. I don`t think anyone can take a binary by someone else and just sign it. That would defeat the purpose.Christian

Guest ddrueding

The F8/Ignore Signed should work and is really the only way to do it. Christian won't be able to sign it without registering as a MS developer (not cheap) and then conforming to their standards; a major PITA.

Guest goingballistic
The F8/Ignore Signed should work and is really the only way to do it. Christian won't be able to sign it without registering as a MS developer (not cheap) and then conforming to their standards; a major PITA.
Should but doesn't. I'm not expecting to Christian to pay MS for anything, I wouldn't pay them the $500 they want for this, it's ludicrious. I'm just wondering if there is a work around but am not having any luck finding one. the only thing I have come across is uninstalling SP1 from Vista, apparently there are certain Kernals that are creating this problem that were installed in SP1 of Vista and by removing them it fixes the problem................I don't have the guts to try this on a brand new machine.I'm an AOPA member and there are guys over there looking for the same thing, as Pilots we use FSX for instrument training and flying approaches, Tile PRoxy just makes it that much more realistic and frankly more fun to do.............so I guess what I'm looking for is some of you young hackers to find a work around............

Guest ddrueding

Well, I recently moved my machine from Vista to XP x64 (compatibility problems with drivers and software), so I can tell you it works fine in XP x64 ;)

Guest goingballistic
Well, I recently moved my machine from Vista to XP x64 (compatibility problems with drivers and software), so I can tell you it works fine in XP x64 ;)
So no one has had any luck with Vista 64?

So no one has had any luck with Vista 64?
I am late to reply but so far, no issues with Vista 64. I press F8 at boot and Disable the driver signing. I've flown a good 20 hours or so with Tileproxy running and that's over many PC sessions. My PC is usually on most of the day, and even if I terminate Tileproxy and FSX and restart later, I don't see any issues.Regards,John