Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest reeljustice

New User -- Thank you and Thank Ed for tutorial

I am a new user of Tile Proxy.I wanted to thank you for Tile Proxy and for Ed's tutorial on Tile Proxy. I have 70 or so hours or actual flight time from a couple of years ago and was just a few short hours and the written away from my PPL. My son is now in aviation school at Middle Georgia College in Eastman, GA. Aviation gives us a really good way to connect. So, my interest in completing my license has been rekindled. A good friend of mine (a high hour actual pilot) got FSX and a $20 joy stick for Christmas, said it was great so I picked one up and began reading the forums and started the missions in FSX. I saw the post regarding Tile Proxy and Ed's tutorial (I think on the MS FS fourm site). I read it a few nights ago and decided to give it a go tonight.I did exactly what he said and in his Proxy.ini file I selected Example 1 I believe since it appeared to give the best imagery for VDI. I just changed the # sign from the one he had. It can really give you a good visual of airports and REAL terrain when you are flying into an unknown airport. It isn't difficult at all and really works well on FSX. I just flew from VDI to EZM at Eastman. I didn't have my heading correct and didn't know how to open the GPS in FSX to begin with. I knew I was too far north when I saw the Oconee River crossing I-16. I flew the river down past the sand pit at Mt Vernon, on down to the forks, turned around then followed the power line towards Eastman. While on the way I discovered how to see the GPS. I followed the GPS into EZM and after nearly crashing a time of 2 and flying all around the airport (I'm still VERY rough on the approaches and landings) I landed her at EZM.REALLY COOL!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!