Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Kiddpsychotic

I love the MD-11, but I have a few questions and a proposal

Hello everyone I like most people here am a definite fan of PMDG products and the MD-11 for FS9 is such a beautiful bird, I love it, I flew the tutorial several times, after that I decided that it was time to actually start learning this bird and of course I had a little trouble following the normal procedures, here are a few examples:In the Flight Crew Operating Manual on page NP.20.14, it states at the top of the page "Evacuation Control Panel, Set EVACUATION SIGNAL switch on evacuation control panel to ARM"; for the life of me I just could not locate the evacuation control manual, as I skimmed through some of the other tech data, I noticed in the MD-11 Systems Manual on page AGEN.10.9 there is a picture of the Forward Overhead Panel, then I noticed on the next page AGEN.10.10 there is a picture of the Aft Overhead panel item # 7 is the evacuation control panel, I tried to find a click spot on the forward overhead panel that would give me access to this aft overhead panel, when I could not find one I supposed that this aft panel was not modelled, am I correct in this assessment?Now go back to the FCOM under normal procedures on the same page NP.20.14 under the heading "Ground Proximity Warning System" the next line states "Verify that the TERRAIN OVRD switch on the overhead panel is not in OVRD" I cannot find this switch either. The next line states: "Observe the mode box on the lower right hand corner of the Captain's and/or the first officer's ND. If "TERRAIN" is not displayed in the box...Rotate the WXR knob to full clockwise, I know where the INOP WXR panel is, but I could not rotate any knods there... anyway I think you've got the picture, Am I correct in assuming that these items are not actually modelled?And finally when I turn on the outside lighting, the wingtip lighting, landing and taxiing lighting is OK, but those upper and lower beacons are just no where man, in fact I could not tell that they were on unless I looked very hard and very closeup (the aircraft has been zoomed in ), I am not the kind of person who gripes about this and that, but come on guys, there is no way that the actual MD-11 had beacons that were so dim you could barely see them. I know about real Aircraft too, I worked on warplanes as a civilian Aircraft Mechanic involved in depot level maintenance (F-14 Tomcat, F-18 Super Hornet, H-46, H-60 for the U.S Navy, and F4 Phantoms and F-16 Fighting Falcons in the U.S Air Force) for over 25 years and all Aircraft beacons or Anti-collision lights as thier actually called for the most part are very bright and can easily be seen from quite a distance.Therefore I propose that when and if you wonderful people at PMDG ever get around to an update for the FS9 MD-11 please take a look at those beacons "and make those thangs bright OK!!! :( Love the Aircraft, again you PMDG folk has done a superb job as always. Thanks PMDG HARRY

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

EVAC panel can be reached in the virtual cockpit. The FS2Crew tutorial even mentions that you can't get to it from the 2D, but you can in the virtual. Not sure why it was designed this way, but it was...and I agree, great bird!Jonathan