Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest tyrant

MD11 (FS9) compatibility issues with other addons

Hello folks,Firstly I must say that this is arguably the best simulation created for any desktop flightsim, and I dont regret spending the cash on it either.I haven't had the pleasure yet of sitting back with a cup of coffee, the manuals, and an MD11 loaded in front of me, and learning the aircraft. Instead most of this week i've been troubleshooting my problem.Since the MD11 install, at least 2 of my other payware aircraft are causing CTD's when you reload the aircraft from the aircraft menu, or load up any other aircraft after using either one of the 2 other addons.The problem persists even when the MD11 is uninstalled using the uninstaller. The problem is only sorted out when I do a system restore to before the initial MD11 install. I dont know if there is anything (script or something, I'm no programmer) the the uninstaller leaves behind. If so, it might be easier to track down the problem.I thought it might be the visual c++ 2008, so I downloaded it from MS and installed it on its own, but that wasn't the problem, the other aircraft work fine.Jusy to confirm the findings again, I installed the MD again about 30 mins ago, with the patch, and the problem arose again. I uninstalled the MD, problem persisted. Did a system restore to before the MD install, problem sorted.Like I said, the MD is a superb simulation, it doens't mean however that thats all I want to fly from now on. I still get a kick out of my other addons, and would like to use them all in perfect harmony.Please PMDG, I know its not your problem to make other developers planes work, but the MD is causing the problem. What can you do for me?RegardsJason

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!