Sign in to follow this  
Guest GREENGRASS

Memory usage

Guest GREENGRASS

Hi I use a TripleHead2go with 3 24" lcd widescreen monitors,i have just lately started suffering with motion sickness whilst flying with tile proxy.My remedy for this is to run fsx at quarter speed,once it has loaded,i dont mind this, slow or not i llove flying with this great program.My question is ,will my usage of broadband memory be larger by flying slowor will it be the same as at normal speed.thanks for advice Don

Guest ddrueding
Hi I use a TripleHead2go with 3 24" lcd widescreen monitors,i have just lately started suffering with motion sickness whilst flying with tile proxy.My remedy for this is to run fsx at quarter speed,once it has loaded,i dont mind this, slow or not i llove flying with this great program.My question is ,will my usage of broadband memory be larger by flying slowor will it be the same as at normal speed.thanks for advice Don
By "broadband memory" I assume you mean amount of stuff downloaded from the internet (I notice you are in Australia, and know that they charge for that there). Unfortunately, the answer is potentially complicated. If TileProxy was keeping up with your flying, than there is no additional downloading to be had. But if you were outrunning what TileProxy was trying to do before, than it will be able to keep up now, and you will end up downloading more.Another thing to note is that once you cache the data into your service.cache folder, it won't download that information again. Don't forget that if you are getting near your monthly quota, you can switch to "offline mode" and just fly with the textures you already have downloaded for the rest of the month.

Guest GREENGRASS

Thanks for your quick reply ,yes i think it may be best to drop to the taskbar whilst downloadingThen as you suggest use the cache folder offline at the lower speed.all the best Don