Sign in to follow this  
Guest XJCRJPilot

Monitor and Video card with this set up

Guest XJCRJPilot

Hey guys, I'm looking at building a computer with this setup. My monitor is an HP L1506. Will the monitor be okay or will I HAVE to upgrade.Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual Core ProcessorINTEL STANDARD PROCESSOR COOLING FANASROCK G31M-S INTEL G31 1600FSB MOTHERBOARD4GB (2x2GB) DDR-2 800MHZ PC-64002X MEMORY HEAT SPREADERS500GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB CACHE (HIGH PERFORMANCE)22X DVD-RW DUAL LAYER W/LIGHTSCRIBEnVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB DDR3 2DVI PCI-Express Graphics Card6-CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND ONBOARD10/100 ETHERNET ONBOARDNZXT ALPHA MID-TOWER ATX CASE (9000 SERIES CARD FITS!)NZXT/ROSEWILL 600 WATT SLI POWER SUPPLY103 Keys PS2 Basic Keyboard (Black)I-MICRO 800dpi PS/2 Optical Mouse (Black)SUPER TALENT 2.0 Channel Multimedia Speaker System (Black)WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP2I can get this system shipped for $820.

A 15inch screen? Are you kidding!? The question is not whether you HAVE to upgrade because you most certainly do not, the question is rather SHOULD you upgrade and here the answer is most certainly YES! With the 9800GT you can realitically look at a 22 inch widescreen monitor (Samsung make decent ones for a decent price). You will be doing yourself a BIG favour for sure!Note that the larger the screen size the lower the FPS will be, especially in FSX, but if you tune your system right (http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041) it will run just fine.

Konrad

Guest Nealoc187

Have to upgrade? No. Why in the world would you run a pretty strong system like that with such a piece of crap monitor? 1993 called, they want their monitor back :D Just kidding, but seriously, that system has the horsepower to run a larger monitor. When I went from a 15" CRT to a 22" LCD about 3 years ago, the difference was astounding. One of the best upgrades one can make - and that was with a system way slower than what you're going to have.That system is like having a 600hp car and never even giving it full throttle or even half throttle. What's the point of having a fast car if you're not going to go fast every once in a while?You may want to rethink that 1GB video card though if you're using Windows XP 32-bit which apparently you are...

Guest XJCRJPilot
Have to upgrade? No. Why in the world would you run a pretty strong system like that with such a piece of crap monitor? 1993 called, they want their monitor back :D Just kidding, but seriously, that system has the horsepower to run a larger monitor. When I went from a 15" CRT to a 22" LCD about 3 years ago, the difference was astounding. One of the best upgrades one can make - and that was with a system way slower than what you're going to have.That system is like having a 600hp car and never even giving it full throttle or even half throttle. What's the point of having a fast car if you're not going to go fast every once in a while?You may want to rethink that 1GB video card though if you're using Windows XP 32-bit which apparently you are...
Haha funny. The issue is money. That's the only reason I won't upgrade to a bigger monitor. I also have a 19" monitor on my business computer that I can switch out. I have made some changes to this system since I posted that. I am going to run a 512GB 9600GT with Vista 64bit.