Sign in to follow this  
Guest racartron

terrain settings???

hi allcan't find in the search engine the FAQ for setting your terrain upthis is what i have at the moment[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=2.50000TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=2.900000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=2TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=0TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=8.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1 thanks for help steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Here are the settings I use, but they may not be optimum for your system. I'm running a Dell XP 500mh with 640mb memory and a Geoforce 2 with 64mb memory. I'm very happy with these settings. BTW I use all of FSGenesis' detailed terrain mesh and the views are incredible with these values--TERRAIN--TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=7.270000 TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=5.000000 //default=2.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=8.000000 //default=4.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=3 //default=1Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Oops, forgot to mention my system settings:I run terrain mesh at 70% and both autogens at maxRacartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

"TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=0"With the above entry you have disabled extended textures completely.Stamatis

Recartron, Unless your running photorealistic textures or mesh add-ons try running the Terrain_Max_Vertex_Level at 19. 20 is about the max you should run. You may notice a difference. I think this is what the original poster was looking for.TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=5.000000 //2.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=8.000000 //4.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=3 //1Bobby

Bobby, thanks for the feedback. I am running enhanced mesh terrain files for as much of the world as is available and at the most detailed level possible. Based on suggestions from several mesh developers, I changed the value to 21 with incredible, positive results.racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what