Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Nealoc187

Is there a way to keep low visibility depicted when climbing out?

What I mean is, is there a way to keep the ground visibility at my departure airport from "going away" as I climb away from the airport. For instance, I just completed a flight from KSEA where the real world weather right now is 1/8 mile vis in fog, 800 foot RVR, 100 vertical vis. This is the worst visibility I've ever flown the sim in, it was awesome and AS6.5 depicted it perfectly:-2009-jan-17-031.jpgAnd then all of a sudden, 2 or 3 minutes later, the visibility "pops" and I'm able to see everything on the ground clearly - the fog just disappears:-2009-jan-17-040.jpgIs there a setting I can change to prevent this from happening? Or is this just a limitation of the visibility engine of FS9 or AS6.5? Obviously I've had it happen the other way on landing too... I will be able to see pretty well and then all of a sudden the fog/low vis pops into existence abruptly.Here are my settings:-2009-jan-17-068.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Yes, this is a poor characteristic of the FS9 visibility engine.The only other thing you can have on is the fog generation layer on and the haze layer on. Those may help a bit but will not cure the problem.Thanks,