Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest alexzar14

help IRS alignment and door-open

the same problem in both virsion of sim. I fly in FS9 only, but I check if this problem existed in FSX and it did.When I load the aircraft in Cold & Dark config, and rotate all 3 IRS sellectors to NAV as per tutorial instructions (that's before the APU start, with EXT power ON, parking breaks on, not moving I guess, and the IRS-time alignement is set to 15 seconds. However I tried all timing: 10 minuts, 15 seconds, 0 seconds).The lights above IRS sellector knobs start flashig and continue doing so for ever, and the message on EICAS says IRS1 NO ALIGN, IRS AUX NO ALIGN, IRS3 NO ALIGN. In other words, the thing doesn't alight and that is IT. What's wrong?Also, the door (left front door) is open all the time and I see nothing regardind the door in the tutorial. How do you close the door? (not ctr+E, doesn't work)Today I did my first flight, I had to load a Pre-Engine-Start config with IRS already aligned and the d*mned door closed, the only way I could start flying it. I programmed the FMS as usual (this FMS is a bit unusual but it's OK, I'm not new to this), then started the engines per tutorial, autopilot functionality - ok, everything else - no problem.So please help me figuring out the IRS and the Door issue.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Alex,After putting your IRS selectors to NAV, did you wait about 10 seconds then enter your present position on the POS INIT page? If you did, try entering the position a second time.Cheers.Q>