Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest James451

GMA 4500MHD Integrated Graphics for FS9?

Hello-is anybody successfully running FS9 on a laptop with GMA 4500MHD Integrated Graphics?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks like we are in the same boat. I've got NVidia Quadro NVS 140M integrated graphics(128MB) with a T5450 1.66Mhz Core 2 Duo with 2 GB 667 DDR2. I used to run FS9 on a XP3200/1GB 400DDR with 256MB ATI 9800 Pro card but always had problems with my photorealist scenery going out of focus travelling over distance with large area sceneries.As a test I've been running Google Earth in Fsim mode with detail almost maxed with no problems so looking at setting up FS9 with TileProxy.I guess we will just have to jump in to see what the performance is like.

I'm impressed!I installed it yesterday and got things running. Had to use compatibility mode after I got 'insufficient memory' message running under Vista but all ok after that.To test things out I installed my LOD9 mesh and a large area of LOD 13 Photorealistic covering Tasmania. No problems with blurries or out of focus over distance at 1280x800 32bit 20fps at the default medium display setting. Eventually went to ultra high at 30fps. Still no problems and I can see the scenery updating as I travel forward. Was flying the Beech Baron at around 160kts. at altitudes between 2500 and 5500ft. The scenery itself is nothing special as even though it's 4.8m res LOD 13 it's only cut from 30m landsat so not all that sharp as you can imagine. Still worth using for the realistic effect over landclass. A bit like flying on a hazy morning.I guess the next step is trying out TileProxy.