Sign in to follow this  
Jonmarshall

3D Light Redux

Hi all,I am an happy owner of the PMDG 747-400 & the MD-11 both for FSX. I really enjoy their products.I own A2A 3D Light Redux package and I installed their 1.2 version as well.I can't make the lights work properly on both the planes so I decided to look around on the web for any answers. It's very hard to get good infos on how to make it work flawlessly. Some say something, some say something else even A2A dosen't have the perfect answer!What I want here is working lights on my PMDG FSX planes and lights that closes when I retract landing gears! That's it folks! Sounds easy?If someone could please be clear how to change [lights] section on aircraft.cfg and [Vcockpit01] on panel.cfg aswell I would be the happyest man on earth.Thanks alot for everyone who could solve my problem and so much other people too!Jon

Guest Callmecapt

The redux lights are great. I bought the package for FSX AND FS9. However, they have a problem working with wing flex and taxi and nose lights. The workaround I found for this is to ONLY install the lights for the landing lights. DO NOT touch any other lights. If you want to add other lights, you have to rename the appropriate lights in the effects folder to the shockwave lights. Make sure you make backups. The reason is that a lot of add on companies, PMDG included, somehow hard code the lighting into the model and it is not possible to just add a few lines into the aircraft.cfg fileGoran