Sign in to follow this  
Guest darrincates

[Service Example 3] ...

Guest darrincates

Just installed and really enjoy TileProxy so far ... Thanks to Chris for allowing me to see what I've been looking for all these years ... a flight where I actually recognize what I'm 'flying' over! Before I found TileProxy, I was trying to build my town in FSX using G**gl* Earth and making .BGLs left and right to make at least this sad attempt: http://www.mainecustomdesign.com/winslow/ - thanks to TileProxy, I probably won't fly over that ever again ...Here's my sittuation, and I hope someone can help ... I have tried all three of the map services suggested at the tutorial, MSN VIRTUAL EARTH at http://maps.live.com/YAHOO MAPS at http://maps.yahoo.com/ASK MAPS at http://city.ask.com/citybut my area is at low res on those map services, (but yet crisp high res at G**gl* of course ... story of my life ... The one map service my area looks good in, is the one that asked to be removed from TileProxy ... , I see where you used to have G**gl*, .. I wish I could have at least seen my area before they pulled the plug. Maybe I could have saved the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\TileProxy Photoreal World\ folders and BGLs or something.I uninstalled TileProxy 8 and installed a version 3 beta I found to see if I could use the G**gl* maps service with a ProxiUser.ini service example I found on the web that used an old G**gl* server ... that didn't work, uninstalled, re-installed 8, and reconfigured, all is back to orig. I read these posts and thought that maybe there is still a way or backd**r to use G**gl* maps?

Christian Looks like the G*** map version is now 29 - and the web address has changed slightly (as per another post) http://khm2.google.com.au/kh?v=29&hl=en&t=tsrtq Barry
and
I'm getting a weird results when now flying with G**gle. Almost every city or airport (where the resolution before was higher as in the surrounding areas) is now blurried showing just few coloured pixels instead of a very detailed scenery as before. However as soon as I leave the city area and fly to the surrounding squares (with a lower resolution in G Maps) the images are again nice. It seems that the TP doesn't handle the new changes in G Maps properly? I just changed the kh*. to khm*. according to some other post here. Any ideas?
I have been using the yahoo maps service and set it up as Ed's Tutorial suggested w/ minor changes:[service Example 3]cache_folder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\cache.service3network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=19level_mapping=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,14,14,14,15,16,17,18,19map_version=1.8color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=50I also have cache_bytes_limit=0cache_tiles_limit=0 for unlimited; too much?It looks the best for my area out of the three, as long as I'm over 2000 ft. All looks pretty decent I guess, but not like the high res screenshots and youtube vids I've seen of areas that have nice high res maps to pull from! And not as good as I know it could look if I could use the same imagery at G**gl* maps service! That's the worst part about it ... knowing how good it could look if G**gl* maps was still available. Here's what I see around my area Winslow/Waterville, Maine at 2000ft:Wtvl1.jpgI have no idea what the new large black areas were on that screenshot ... Earlier tonight I flew here and saw all tiles, and I have FSX set to not dump the scenery files on exit.Wtvl2.jpgBoston:I have all the graphics settings turned up and I see Boston from 4000 ft as this and it looked the same all the way up:boston1.jpgandboston2.jpgShould it look better pulling from Yahoo? It sure looks better at Yahoo maps website. My remote home town area (that looks worse at yahoo maps than Boston does) might look better and at lower alt even?:Wtvl3.jpgwell, maybe ...Maybe it has something to do with this error from TileProxy when I ran the Boston flight?:mip_level.jpgI must have something not configured correctly?I have cache_bytes_limit=0 cache_tiles_limit=0 for unlimited; too much?and mip_level in fsx.cfg is set to 6 in both places.I don't get that error when flying around my home area.Anyway, Are there any other services out there to pull from? A G**gl* clone site or service?Is there a map service that gets it's sat imagery from the same place G**gl* gets its images from?Or does G**gl* own the satallite the images were taken from, and there simply is no other source for those particular images? Is there any other way to manually load in a high res tiles or BGLs of my area? If I sliced up screenshots of G**gl* maps, and created or compiled new BGLs somehow? I'd rather find G**gl* map service clone or backdoor ... Thanks for any help ... Darrin

Guest Werd

Just checked on http://www.flashearth.com/This area is only avaible in black and white but resolution is definately better then in your screenshots. Try pausing the sim. Your speed is too high or your connection or hardware is too slow. You also may want to reduce scenery radius in FSX, when it's maxed out Tileproxy has to load just too many tiles, unless you have a very fast internet connection and a very fast computer you'll get blurries like this.Sorry for my english.

Guest Werd

Take a look on the last image (Tile Proxy window). First of all the circles are BIG, that means your scenery radius is maxed out and you have to set it medium instead.If I get it right the last 3 circles are lods 15-14-13. As you can see TP didnt even have the time to load lod13 (5m/p). So it's kinda normal you get this visuals in the game. You can also try to make a second fly in your area - I'm sure you'll get better resolution textures. TP saves all the downloaded data.

Guest darrincates

Thanks Werd for reply - I agree, I guess I have it set too high ... I do pause frequently, and even run at 1/2 speed, but it never catches up ... I'll reduce the raduis and give it more time ... I have Dell XPS 420 dual core 2.4 w/ 2 gig ram and an nVidia 8600 and we pay the extra $10 per month for the Roadrunner Turbo which equals out to this supposedly:speedtest.jpg Is that good for TileProxy?Your explanation of the circles is very helpful, I knew they had something to do with DLing the tiles, but didn't realize the radius aspect ... more reason to set radius to Medium ... Anyone have any ideas as to any other Map services to use out there?A G**gl* clone perhaps? My area looks terrible through MS and Yahoo ... Thanks! - Darrin