Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cactus521

Soft Horizons for FS-X

I have had a number of requests asking if I could throw together "Soft Horizons" for FS-X. Had to wait of course until I purchased and could use the sim, since the file format for the textures in FS-X is 32 bit. Anyway, I have posted some sample screenshots in this thread:Soft HorizonsOnly drawback is for those "really high flyers" who try to fly above 50-60K feet, the transition to "space" doesn't look as good. Overall though I prefer the improvement porting my textures over has made for me. Before I installed them, clouds (especially those in the distance and several thousand feet above my POV) tended to look a bit cartoonish. Now they blend the way I prefer them in FS2004 and enhance my VFR flying as well as flights in the flight levels. If members are interested, I can package it all up and upload it to the library here.Regards,John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have had a number of requests asking if I could throw together "Soft Horizons" for FS-X. Had to wait of course until I purchased and could use the sim, since the file format for the textures in FS-X is 32 bit. Anyway, I have posted some sample screenshots in this thread:Soft HorizonsOnly drawback is for those "really high flyers" who try to fly above 50-60K feet, the transition to "space" doesn't look as good. Overall though I prefer the improvement porting my textures over has made for me. Before I installed them, clouds (especially those in the distance and several thousand feet above my POV) tended to look a bit cartoonish. Now they blend the way I prefer them in FS2004 and enhance my VFR flying as well as flights in the flight levels. If members are interested, I can package it all up and upload it to the library here.Regards,John
Thanks John, I used soft horizons for FS9 and missed having it for FSX. R-