Sign in to follow this  

I have the Saitek Pro Flight yoke, throttle quadrant and pedals. I have used them with FSX SP2 (Acceleration) on WinXP SP3 with no problem from some time now. I built a new machine and reloaded everything from scratch. My aircraft, every one I have tried, both stock and addon, show full right rudder whenever the pedals in attached. I looked at the rudder pedals in FSUIPC (4.40 Registered). It is showing full right input from the pedals when they are centered. FSUIPC further indicates full left or right inputs with even the most minor push off center. This happens no matter how I change the null zones and sensitivity levels.I have checked the controller in the control panel and it checks out just fine. The pedals properly indicate center and proper inputs left and right are indicated on movement. This is weird. The controller works with other games. Anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this? If it matters, the new PC consists of the following:Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R MotherboardIntex E8500 Core 2 Duo 3.16 with stock fan4 GB Corsair DDR2 1066 mhz ramTwo 160 mb HDD in RAID 0 stripedEVGA Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512 mb video card (PCIe-16x)Creative Soundblaster X-fi Xtreme Audio (PCIe)Corsair 750 watt power supplyThanks for any help.

Ok, I found the problem. It was in the FSX installation and/or my Window install and/or simconnect. I found many problems with my windows install after killing a virus on the machine. When I built the machine I slipstreamed SP2 into my WindowsXP install disk. I don't know if there was a problem with that or if the virus caused the problem that messed up the rudders. I did not install antivirus software (I know, dumb) until after I started having the problem. Anyhow, I formatted and installed Windows 7 beta. I figured if I was going to format and reinstall everything, why not give Windows 7 a looking over? Everything works just fine now. I have played with FSX in Windows 7 for two days now and I give it two thumbs up! It runs just as fast, possibly a bit faster than it did on WinXP. I skipped Vista so I don't know how FSX worked in Vista except from what others have said. DX10 works great in Windows 7 and Windows automatically turns off aero interface when FSX is launched. Installation was smooth. No gripes so far. Just glad it wasn't the rudders or pc hardware causing the problem. Saitek was very helpful, but none of the fixes worked. So formatting and reinstalling was my last resort.