Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest battlehawk77

Why, oh why, is my computer beeping at me?

Just installed Beta 8 and used the recommended ini file to get things going for FS9.Well, things run fine for a few minutes, then my computer starts beeping at me (the beep that comes from the computer itself, not a sound file), and I see an error that says:tileproxy.sys: PreCreate: Unsolicited Access to '?' by ''!Does anyone have any idea what I should do?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just installed Beta 8 and used the recommended ini file to get things going for FS9.Well, things run fine for a few minutes, then my computer starts beeping at me (the beep that comes from the computer itself, not a sound file), and I see an error that says:tileproxy.sys: PreCreate: Unsolicited Access to '?' by ''!Does anyone have any idea what I should do?
it's the driver having trouble figuring out which process tried to access a given file.What I don't get is why even the file name seems corrupt. Who would ever wantto open a file named "?"Christian

Yeah, that didn't make any sense to me, either.Any idea how to fix it?

Yeah, that didn't make any sense to me, either.Any idea how to fix it?
Generally shut down any third party applications and services (scanner tools, disk optimizers etc) that may be running in the background.If you feel like Sherlock Holmes you can download a tool called "Process Monitor" to monitor the disk I/O while Tileproxy is running. Maybe you can find an application that tries to open the "?" file. Warning: this tool is generating a HUGE log to sift through.Christian