Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest JacobKoziarz

TripleHead2Go edge distortion issues

After finally spending time, money and venting plenty of hardware/setup frustration - I'm running TH2Go digital with 3 Samsung Syncmaster 2253bw 22 inch widescreens at the max 5040x1050x57Hz. I can live with screen flickering and momentary blackouts during view switches and resizing 2d panels etc. After all I only fly VC anyway. But I can't get over the edge distortion on the left and right monitors - it spoils it all for me. I had no idea how pronounced it's going to be on 22 inch widescreens. All screenshots and videos I saw online were on standard 4:3 LCDs less than 20 inches. I guess now I know why. I attach a couple of screenshots to demonstrate the edge distortion / stretching. Does anyone know how to alleviate this or at least minimize it ? Bezel mgmt unfortunately only pulls in image on the sides of the center monitor. There's no way to address the edge distortion. Would getting less then 20 inch standard (4:3) LCDs fix this ?I did search the whole avsim forum and can't find a solution. Thanks in advance for all replies and help.Jacob KoziarzYOW/CYOW

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Three 19 inch standard non-widescreen didn't work for me.BUT:For some reason if you set WideViewAspect=False, stretching disappears, however at 0.30 zoom the instruments are right in your face. I attach some images.At this point in time I just want to say: ##### ???Any help is appreciated - my kids will eat paint chips for months to come because of this.

Set WideViewAspect=Falseand use Ctrl-Enter to move back Ctrl-BackSpace to move forward, Shift-Enter to move up and Shift-BackSpace to move down. You lose a bit of peripheral view - but I'll take that over edge distortion.What can I say - one happy simmer. I hope all this writing saved some other poor souls the trouble I went thru.Here's KaiTak at night...And 3 more...

After finally spending time, money and venting plenty of hardware/setup frustration - I'm running TH2Go digital with 3 Samsung Syncmaster 2253bw 22 inch widescreens at the max 5040x1050x57Hz. I can live with screen flickering and momentary blackouts during view switches and resizing 2d panels etc. After all I only fly VC anyway.But I can't get over the edge distortion on the left and right monitors - it spoils it all for me. I had no idea how pronounced it's going to be on 22 inch widescreens. All screenshots and videos I saw online were on standard 4:3 LCDs less than 20 inches. I guess now I know why. I attach a couple of screenshots to demonstrate the edge distortion / stretching.Does anyone know how to alleviate this or at least minimize it ? Bezel mgmt unfortunately only pulls in image on the sides of the center monitor. There's no way to address the edge distortion. Would getting less then 20 inch standard (4:3) LCDs fix this ?I did search the whole avsim forum and can't find a solution. Thanks in advance for all replies and help.Jacob KoziarzYOW/CYOW

I owne a systeme like yours that work just fine for my fsx.My only advise to you tried to lower your screen resolution toa lower setting like 3840x1024.Good luck :( from: simcarlito