Sign in to follow this  
myaudi

MD 11 Thrust reduction

Hello Friends,First of all, thanks to PMDG for developing this amazing model for FS9.I have been flying the aircraft for some weeks now, and I have realized difference between GE model and PW model.When choosing a GE model, outside temp is 1+ celcius, choosing 58 as FLEX I get 99.0 as thrust reduction value and take off perform very well.But, when choosing a PW model, same weather conditions and airport, choosing 58 as Flex, the thrust reduction value is 1.44.I tried to change the flex value, but always shows 1.44 or highter. Often the take off is not so smooth as with GE model.For GE models, the thrust reduction value change to lower or highter depending on the Flex value.Anyone else having this experience?Thanks and best regards,John Simon

Guest pkav

Hi John,I think the point that you get different values is simply that with the PW engines you have the power readouts in EPR (Engine Pressure Ratio), whereas with the GE engines you have the N1 setting for thrust.Therefore you of course get diffeerent values , because it is simply a different unit in measuring thrust. In the manual it says something about the max. N1 values , but I did not find anything about the max EPR values so I am not sure what changing the Flex temperatures has an effect on the EPR value getting higher or lower.Normally , of course depending on the plane, N1 range displayed on the engine readouts are from 24%N1 to 117%N1. The EPR values can be from approx. 1.00 (or lower?? ) to 1.90 ( or a bit higher I do not exactly know, as I said depending on the plane). Hope this was what your question was aboutbest regards Philipp Eckardt

Guest jacojaco
Hello Friends,First of all, thanks to PMDG for developing this amazing model for FS9.I have been flying the aircraft for some weeks now, and I have realized difference between GE model and PW model.When choosing a GE model, outside temp is 1+ celcius, choosing 58 as FLEX I get 99.0 as thrust reduction value and take off perform very well.But, when choosing a PW model, same weather conditions and airport, choosing 58 as Flex, the thrust reduction value is 1.44.I tried to change the flex value, but always shows 1.44 or highter. Often the take off is not so smooth as with GE model.For GE models, the thrust reduction value change to lower or highter depending on the Flex value.Anyone else having this experience?Thanks and best regards,John Simon
Hi John,another explanation is that on PW engines the maximum flex temp is 50

Hi,To both of you, thanks for your replies and explanations.This information was for sure new for me and very usefull indeed.Thanks again.Kind regards,John S.