Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boeing Skunk Works

Rotating gauge .bmp in MS Paint for Panel Studio

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

I recently purchased a 12.1 4:3 ELO monitor for use in the 727 as the engine stack display. Unknown to me at the time MSFS9 does not support this monitor in portrait mode as changed from the video card set-up program. Maybe I should have written that the monitor in portrait mode doesn't support the resolutions offered by MSFS.MSFS sees this monitor as a widescreen in portrait mode, but the monitor only supports a maximum resolution of 800x600 and those resolutions offered under Hardware Settings are above that.Is it possible to rotate the gauge .bmp(s) in MS paint, save it as the same file, and have this work in in the aircraft after creating (yet) another panel in MS Panel Studio that is laid out horizontally, but will be vertical by physically rotating the monitor?Does either MSFS or Panel studio care what the orientation of the gauge is in order for it to work? I'm integrating a set of 15 gauges from the Probst 727 into the Dreamfleet 727.I actually have it working now, but only in landscape mode on the small 12.1" monitor. As soon as the portrait mode is selected the screen goes black because the resolution is unsupported.I'm not new to PS, but this display resolution issue caught me off guard.