Sign in to follow this  
Copperleaf

Disappointment with current add on aircraft for FSX/Vista

Hello everybody.I have been a flight simmer for many, many years or as my wife would put it, for ever. I have had to take early retirement due to ill health and was looking forward to spending more time enjoying my hobby. Now for my "grumpy old man" rant . I have to make a protest as what I see is very poor quality software now being offered as add ons for FSX running on a Vista platform. Since installing FSX, I have purchased three aircraft:- Level D 767. This suffers from problems with engine starting and loading FMS info.Flight 1 ATR. This suffers from many problems, and in my opinion is frankly a load of bug ridden rubbish. I can't even delete it from my hard drive using the Vista unistaller! PIC 737. This suffers from problems loading flightplans and other minor problems. In some cases I have managed to devise a workaround for these problems, but in my opinion these problems should not have been there in the first place. When I started this hobby, most of the aircraft I used were freeware downloads. When something is free, I am quite happy to contribute to the debugging of the software, but when I pay real money for a product I expect it work as advertised. None of the manufacturer's websites have a disclaimer saying that certain features of the aircraft may not work if run on a Vista platform!On the same computer I use Half Life and Call of Duty. My wife and daughters use various Sims and The Settlers. All of these programmes are quite complex and are comparable in price to the above aircraft and work faultlessly. If these manufacturers can do it why cannot the above companies do the same?Is it just my perception, or are these manufacturers rushing out FSX versions of an existing product before testing is complete. Once they have sold the product to us, interest in product support wanes as they do not want to erode profits by spending time resolving problems.What do you guys think?By the way, good luck, Bob. I wil be thinking about you.Regards to all,Chris HallBournemouth, England.