Sign in to follow this  
dbrooks

How to verify dram voltage?

Hi all,Just got my new i7 920 on an ASUS P6T Deluxe running with OS installed and want to know how to set and verify DRAM Bus Voltage, I believe is the setting which is not supposed to exceed 1.65v according to Intel specs.I have CPUZ and RealTemp and HWMonitor. Do any of these give accurate readings?Having all settings in BIOS on AUTO and HWMonitor says that the voltage is 1.67. I don't want to burn anything up, so how can I know the proper voltages?Using 1102 BIOS on the ASUS board.Please bear with me as I am new at this having not built a system since the 486 days in '95. I have been doing a lot of research in these and other forums and hope all this info comes together for me.Oh, using Windows 7 beta build 7000 and OCZ3P1600LV6GK memoryHope this made senseDan

CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4gHz for FSX w/Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe OC Palm Memory: 6GB (3x2gb) OCZ3P1600LV6GK Case: CM690 PSU: PC Power & Cooling 750W OS: Vista64 SP1 Main HDD: 500GB WD Caviar Black SATA FSX Drive: 300GB WD Velociraptor

GPU: EVGA GTX285 Vanilla

Guest Nick_N
Hi all,Just got my new i7 920 on an ASUS P6T Deluxe running with OS installed and want to know how to set and verify DRAM Bus Voltage, I believe is the setting which is not supposed to exceed 1.65v according to Intel specs.I have CPUZ and RealTemp and HWMonitor. Do any of these give accurate readings?Having all settings in BIOS on AUTO and HWMonitor says that the voltage is 1.67. I don't want to burn anything up, so how can I know the proper voltages?Using 1102 BIOS on the ASUS board.Please bear with me as I am new at this having not built a system since the 486 days in '95. I have been doing a lot of research in these and other forums and hope all this info comes together for me.Oh, using Windows 7 beta build 7000 and OCZ3P1600LV6GK memoryHope this made senseDan
Not uncommon with AUTO settingsSimply enter the BIOS and change these 2DRAM VOLTAGE 1.65QPI/DRAM VOLTAGE 1.35 <---- must set this to 1.35 if you overclock, otherwise AUTO is fineall fixed.. and dont mix the two up1.67 is OK.. you are not getting into the hot zone until 1.69 and above

Thank you Nick, that helps me a lot and eases my mind too. I almost did mix the two up, but scrolled further down the list to see DRAM Voltage there in the BIOS listing. The overclocks will come later to be sure, for now, just familiarizing myself with the system.Thanks again, your guides and tips have been invaluable.Dan

CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4gHz for FSX w/Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe OC Palm Memory: 6GB (3x2gb) OCZ3P1600LV6GK Case: CM690 PSU: PC Power & Cooling 750W OS: Vista64 SP1 Main HDD: 500GB WD Caviar Black SATA FSX Drive: 300GB WD Velociraptor

GPU: EVGA GTX285 Vanilla