Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimmyGerrard

Complete new system; newbie advice.

Guest JimmyGerrard

Hi guys, I am currently training as a real world pilot and would like a quality sim to practice procedures on.My budget is

Guest Palm90

Hi,I would recommend that you build your system around the Core 2 Duo E8600 that runs at 3.3 ghz. It can easily br overclocked to 4.0 ghz - especially with a after market cpu cooler/heat sink. If are planning to overclock you processor, I would recommend that you stick to 4 GB of DDR2 RAM. Somewhere I read that using all 4 slots on your motherboard may affect the overclocking abilities. If you are planning on using 3 monitors, you might want to look at buying 3 NVidia-based video cards (like the 512 MB 9800 GTX) and use them in a 3-way SLI. Of course, you'll want to make sure that the motherboard you choose supports this. You might want to look at EVGA 780i boards - they support 3-way SLI. Hope this helps.Bill

Guest D17S

You are going to want to overclock that Q to 3.6Ghz. Trade-in 4Gs of ram for a Thermalright Ultra 120 CPU cooler. That'll get you a 50% performance increase. 8Gs of ram are NoT helpful for FS. A 750watt powersupply is plenty. The THtG runs off a single Vcard. That bigdog 295 will be great for Crysis, but a massive overkill for FS. At that big THtG resolution a 260 will be plenty. Don't use that Mobo. Nvidia has problems with . . . about everything, especially overclocking Qs. Get an intel P45 based mobo. You'll thank us later. BTW, here's a cheaper Q6600 system. 1500USDs seem a bit rich.https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedW...aspx?ID=7159746