Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest rubbish

soundlib error

Hi,Have downloaded the An-12BK, (an12bkzh09.zip), from Avsim. I believe its a fairly recent introduction. But when I attempt to load it into FS2004, I get "soundlib error".."sound file not found", and of course it fails to load. I have reinstalled several times, and downloaded it a second time.Has anyone out there tried this file and found this error? Or could some kind person possibly try it on their system. I`ve emailed the developer but so far no response. Its a shame as it looks a super model. Many thanks in advance, Stuart.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello, this is my first post here and I have just seen this thread now for the first time. The error you are describing for the AN-12BK, "Soundlib-Error Sound-File not found" is caused by two gauge lines in the panel config file that are looking for non-existent or missing sound files in your main FS9 Sound folder. To alleviate the issue open your AN-12BK/Panel folder and then open the Panel Cfg file and look down the list of gauges for the ones I have listed below. They appear a several times in both the Window and VC sections of the Panel Cfg gauge file list. Just add the forward slash twice before each of the two gauge lines listed and that will comment out the gauges causing the error. After that, the aircraft model should load up fine. This is also known to have been an issue in the an26zh09 AN-26 model. Again, anyone having the same "Soundlib-Error Sound-File not found" with that model can perform the same Panel Cfg edit to alleviate the error. Hope this helps.//gauge47=geartlk3, 0,0,1//gauge48=FPDA_Boeing_Callout, 1,1,10,9