Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Buzz313th

Winds Aloft

Ok, I have ASX and ASA. I stopped using ASA because of inconsistencies and awaiting a working service pack before I try it again.. Mostly up until now I have been flying GA aircraft at less than 14000 feet. I am now playing around with high alt turboprops and I am noticing that:A. The winds aloft in FSX very rarely match up with the wind direction indicators in the ASX map screen at those altitudes.B. The winds aloft will rotate the direction sometimes as much as 180 degrees within a 3 minute period. This yields a extremely unrealistic situation where the aircraft is loosing IAS and then Gaining IAS, sometimes this results in a overspeed situation. I turned on the status indicators in FSX.. Control+Z twice to see wind direction and I can watch the wind direction change exactly like I am explaining.C. If I goto ASX surring this and refresh the weather it sometimes stops the wind rotation. I have download intervals set to 10 minutes using Vatsim weather. I feel like I am constantly babysitting ASX to keep it running without any weird anomolies. What is going on? This is just one of many issues I am having with this software. My next flight I am just gonna go back to FSMETEO, which has always been steady as a rock with consistent results.Anyone here care to comment?JB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HiCan't comment on FSMETEO as I haven't used it but I use ASX offline and have no end of problems getting it to function as expected.It's a piece of dung as far as I'm concerned.No software should need this much nannying and fiddling with just to work, never mind work correctly!
I agree entirely.I wish one of the devs would comment on the Winds aloft issue I'm having. But then again I will probably get this type of reply...."Are you using an addon aircraft?" What does that have to do with it?"Have you tried the default aircraft" Yes and same results"Are the wind direction arrows appropriate to your altitude of flight?" Yes"Are you using FSUIPC? And in which settings?" Yes I am, I have tried every setting in FSUIPC, including uninstalling it."Are you reading the OAT Or TAT?" What does that have to do with it?"How are you reading the simulated wind in FSX?" With the red status text in the upper left corner of the FSX window by pressing Control Z."Do you have wind smoothing on or off?" Both same results."Did you eat a cheese sandwich today?" Nope, had a Burger and fries... (LOL sorry I thought that was funny, no offense.. ;) )"Are you setting a route in ASX before your flight?" Nope, I am using the option to add virtual stations so that the weather depicted in ASX/FSX can accomidate a free form of flying."What do you intend on resolving from this post?" I would like ASX to download realtime weather and depict it consistently in FSX like I was lead to believe by the HIFI website, before I made the decision to pay for this software.I understand that software development is a hard bizz to make things perfect, but please atleast get it roughed in.Please don't take this post personally, I just thought I might have a bit of fun with it... Still smiling and looking foreward to the the day I can count on ASX and one day ASA which I also purchased... So I am still contributing to your companies development and future...You guys have a goodun...JB