Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

Wow...FINALLY...a great 1-2-3 punch FS2002 software combo....

...1.. W98SE with all the up-to-date downloads2.. Direct X version 9a (latest)3.. nVidia offical release graphic drivers version 43.45On a Celeron 1.4 Ghz Abit BM6 based system using a Gforce 2 (32 meg) graphics board, and 512 megs of 133 Mhz System Ram I am getting incredible performance.No matter what I am doing now, whether at taxi, taking-off, in the air, landing, or sitting amongst intense A.I. movement at airports, there is no stutter, no freezes, only smooth and fabulous rendering.Fantastic animation.I have never had it so good. I attribute my satisfaction to the software combo above.Since having enabled DX9a on my system, great things have been happening. :)Cheers!Mitch R.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I wish I could share in your enthusiasm, Mitchster. However I can't really complain all that much, either. I also run Win98SE with critical updates installed. My video drivers are the most recently released Omegas, and I FINALLY bit the bullet and installed DX9.0a. That last I did while I held my breath. (Ok, not REALLY held my breath... :-roll )As far as I can tell the DX9.0a didn't do anything special to my programs, but at least they all still run! :-jumpy So I guess I'm as set as I can be for when FS xx whatever is released in a few months.I figure I've been pretty lucky. I've gone through all the variations of DX6, DX7, DX8 and now DX9.0a and have never had any difficulty with any of them - knock on wood. It never ceases to amaze me how one little piece of programming can work so well for some systems and totally screw up other systems. :-hmmm-Lindy :-rotor:-beerchug :-wave

Hi Lindy!Yes...I know what you mean about the wide divergence of systems!!!I didn't mean to imply that my frame rates went through the roof, lol.Nope..only the stated software combo, the Windows system, the graphics driver version installed, and the DX 9a version, all in all now is a tight and well-run 'ship'. :)My intent was to publish as a guideline for those financially challenged Souls such as I, LOL, oh boy......My system (locked at 16 fps) kicks butt at 15.8. Now..do not ask me why it sits at that .8 deal...for I have no answers, LOL!The Mojo works!I only know that on final approach with controlled hysteria of A.I. comings and goings....I have smooth flight controls right down to the numbers and beyond on reverse throttle.The Holy Grail has been sipped...and it must have been the right one, for I didn't turn to dust."He...chose wisely....".....Gulp.Mitch