Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stompy

Microsoft Force Feedback Pro (original)

Guest ront1

Am I correct in my thinking that the original Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick does not work in Windows XP home or am I wrong? I have one, but have not been able to get it to work. If I look in the Control Panel under Gaming Devices the stick is being recognised, but when I go into MS2K2 it does not work. It seems to work fine in Falcon 4.0. Thanks for any help. Thanks, Ron

Guest Stompy

:-waveI've got the (well, an) original force feedback stick at home with XP home, and it works perfectly fine. You said that in the game devices control panel it recognizes the stick...does it test out okay as well? If you move the stick, does it show that input on the test screen? Assuming it does, then there's something not right in FS. Maybe you have joysticks disabled or something? What kind of soundcard do you have? Maybe that's got something to do with it...

Guest ront1

Hi Stompy, Thanks for the reply. In the game devises control panel, the stick checks out just fine. Everything works. As I said before, the stick works fine in Falcon 4.0. I have an Asus P4PE MB and that has the sound built into it, so I don't have a separate sound card. I do hav an older Soundblaster Live Gamer but have not installed it. Since the the stick appears to work in the control panel and Falcon 4.0, I am inclined to think it is a problem with FS2k2, but I cannot figure out what is wrong. Joysticks are not diabled in FS. Buy the way, I am using a Microsoft Freestyle pro right now and it works fine.Thanks, Ron

Guest Stompy

Well what the hell? Okay, does ANYTHING about the joystick work in FS? If you select it in the FS controllers screen and try to reassign a function to a different joystick button, does it work?

Guest firehawk44

Have you tried deleting your FS2K2.cfg and restarting FS2K2? You should do this whenever adding new hardware. Jim

Guest Stompy

Wow, yeah, it's like FS doesn't even think the stick exists! Okay, just for run I'd try uninstalling the stick from WinXP and re-installing it again (including unplugging it completely with the power off).Also, are you running FSUIPC? Is there anything in there that could be doing this? Oh, and I'd also try going into FS and unchecking "enable joystick", reload FS, and then re-check that box. Kinda like rebooting the option to enable the joystick. ;-)Do you happen to have an older or original fs2002.cfg file about? I'd try using that one again to see if there's something in your current cfg file that's doing this.Man, I hope something works because that's weird as hell.