Sign in to follow this  
Guest theGoose

REAL passenger missions - from the docking bay

Guest theGoose

Hi,I have'nt checked all 15 pages for a similar topic.I'm using MS FSX orginal without any addons.Is there somewhere i can find passenger missions where i can start the mission with all engines down. So i can go through real world pre-flight procedures.

Hi,I have'nt checked all 15 pages for a similar topic.I'm using MS FSX orginal without any addons.Is there somewhere i can find passenger missions where i can start the mission with all engines down. So i can go through real world pre-flight procedures.
Goose,The default FSX mission entitled "Limited Options" does almost precisely this (the engines don't start immediately down, but go down fairly quickly after the mission starts.) There are also several missions at http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com where this scenario is set up.Cheers,

Guest theGoose
Goose,The default FSX mission entitled "Limited Options" does almost precisely this (the engines don't start immediately down, but go down fairly quickly after the mission starts.) There are also several missions at http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com where this scenario is set up.Cheers,
hi,I reviewed the "Limited Options" mission just now. -The mission starts in the air with the autopilot on.I left a similar post the http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com forum page.All the missions (and free flight) start with engines on, on the runway, ready to take-off.There must be some way to set up a scenario where i could do the whole power up preflight maintenance + request runway + taxi procedures.If i remember correct, this scenario was possible with FS2004.any suggestions appreciated

Guest theGoose

took awhile but i found it from GameSpot forums (human_Flaw)for those who'd like to know: Cold & Dark Setup (For Default FSX Aircraft): 1) Select the aircraft you want to fly.2) Select the airport jetway/ramp you want to be at, at the beginning of the flight.3) Hold downthe ALT button (two seconds). The FS Menu bar should appear at the top of your screen. Use the drop down menu "Aircraft". This takes you to the Aircraft selection screen.4) Choose the default Cessna 172SP.5) The game will reload. You will now be sitting at the gate/ram in the Cessna. Turn the engine off. Turn the master avionics, battery and fuel mixture (the red lever; pull it out) OFF.6) Go back to the "Aircraft Menu", select the plane you want to fly (from step 1). When the game reloads a second time, you will be sitting in the jet with all the systems "cold & dark".7) Hit the semicolon/colon key (wink.gif. This brings up the SAVE FLIGHT dialog. Save this flight as "Cold & Dark Setup". Be sure to select "Make this the default flight" box on the lower left. This will make the "Cold & Dark" setup your default flight setup whenever you enter free flight.Cold & Dark Setup (Payware Addons):If the aircraft is a payware addon, like Wilco, PMDG, etc... They usually have an external configuration utility that allows you to specify "Cold & Dark", or a number of other pre-flight conditions like "Engines Running", or "Ready to Start Engines". Set your conditions (including passengers, fuel weight, etc.) outside FSX and then luanch FSX in Free Flight and everything should be set as long as you don't mess with the Fuel or Passengers Planner panels

There is a mission called Hurricane Landing, where you must do a cold start mission and fly and land in a hurricane. I enjoyed it very much. It can be found at http://flightsimulatorxmissions.com/. There is also a download from perfect flight with the Boeing 717-200, it comes with 25 flight plans where you must fly from cold start to fininsh.