Sign in to follow this  
Guest captabe77

SB4 freezing my SIM. FSINN works perfect

Guest captabe77

SB4 freezing my SIM. FSINN works perfectly. Are there bugs in SB4 with FSX and should I just stick with FSINN. Is that what most FSX users use for VATSIM?

FSinn is a mess, its so complicated and you need 2 things running just to support FSinn... Go with SB4, ive noticed very few freezes, and when it does, i just restart SB4 because i run it outside of the sim. Instead of going up to the ALT bar and starting through the Modules/Addon tab, go to Start>Squawkbox and start SB4 through there so its in a Windows window, then, if it crashes, it wont tie up the sim.... you can just terminate SB4 and restart it...That should be a temporary fix until they finish updating it... Good Luck! :(

Guest captabe77
FSinn is a mess, its so complicated and you need 2 things running just to support FSinn... Go with SB4, ive noticed very few freezes, and when it does, i just restart SB4 because i run it outside of the sim. Instead of going up to the ALT bar and starting through the Modules/Addon tab, go to Start>Squawkbox and start SB4 through there so its in a Windows window, then, if it crashes, it wont tie up the sim.... you can just terminate SB4 and restart it...That should be a temporary fix until they finish updating it... Good Luck! :(
Unfortunately, I am going to have to disagree with you. Since I installed SB4 on two different machines both machines freeze 10 minutes into flight. I installed the latest FSINN and it works perfectly. In fact the multiplayer is better than SB3 and SB4. I would like to use SB4 but this is unacceptable.

Guest MaxH

Not aware of what OS you are on here, but if you are in Vista then I find that running Flight Simulator X as Administrator solved my problem of SB4 crashing soon after I installed it. If you don't know what I am on about, right-click Flight Simulator in your start menu or wherever you have it and choose "Run as Administrator". Hopefully this will work. If you are using XP, then I can't help sorry.