Sign in to follow this  
Guest jasonbo

Christian Question about google

Guest jasonbo

Have you tried to approach google in a different way that may benifit both you and google? IE write in a script with a user name and password popup if using google, but requires soemone to pay a 20 dollar monthly fee? 80/20 which then google earthcould make money and you get funding to write bigger and better program. I also know the VP of engineering at google earth so you can message me if you need some info.

Guest cbuchner1
Have you tried to approach google in a different way that may benifit both you and google? IE write in a script with a user name and password popup if using google, but requires soemone to pay a 20 dollar monthly fee? 80/20 which then google earthcould make money and you get funding to write bigger and better program. I also know the VP of engineering at google earth so you can message me if you need some info.
Google don't own the tiles, so they can't sell them to me or to you. Not for any fee in the world. It's not a matter of price, it's a matter of the specifics in their contract that THEY signed with the companies owning the sat data.Christian

Guest jasonbo

Not to charge for tiles but access service to database

Guest Jim Knows
Not to charge for tiles but access service to database
With regards to Google, we are told that Google can't sell tiles. However, no one is talking about purchasing tiles from Google. We all get that part. But what is frustrating, is that countless members have tried to talk about an ACCESS FEE to database. Not purchase. But whenever any member like jasonbo tries to bring up the subject of ACCESS FEE TO DATABASE, the response goes back to..."We cannot PURCHASE the tiles", like they totally missed the words "ACCESS FEE TO DATABASE" and are stuck on the word "purchase". And then when another attempt in the same thread of many threads to point out that we don't want to talk about purchase, but about ACCESS FEE TO DATABASE, then again we get, "we can't purchase the tiles".So, I''ll try to make an attempt like jasonbo and many others have tried to do.WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT A DAMN PURCHASE!!! WE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ACCESS FEE TO DATABASE PLEASE !!!Again, one more time so its clear....The members want to learn if ACCESS FEE TO BATABASE is possible, not PURCHASE.If I need to provide excerpts from Wikpedia on what ACCESS FEE means, and what the word PURCHASE means, please let me know.AAAAARGH !!!!!!

Guest Jim Knows

Just wanted to say, I know I am pounding hard on this Google thing. Like real hard. I know. But first and foremost, I want to make it clear that I just love Christian for the incredible work, dedication, sacrifice, maybe even his health to some degree, in turning FSX into an incredible world like no other. So, I am almost certain he did not create this masterpiece to have people squabbling over his creation/gift to the world. Thats quite a morale deflator to say the least IF that were to happen. So, Google aside, if it were never to exist I will still be more than content aplenty.Just wanted to make sure you knew that Christian. I felt it was important to say.

Guest cbuchner1
Google don't own the tiles, so they can't sell them to me or to you. Not for any fee in the world. It's not a matter of price, it's a matter of the specifics in their contract that THEY signed with the companies owning the sat data.Christian
What I said about purchase also applies to lending / renting. You can't lend someone else's property without his permission.Say you bought a copy of Microsoft Office with a license to use it on one PC. Are you allowed now allowed to rent it out to friend over the Internet via Terminal Services (Remote Desktop)? Guess not - despite it's still just running one one PC.Google is the owner of one license of Microsoft office in this example.Christian

Guest Jim Knows
What I said about purchase also applies to lending / renting. You can't lend someone else's property without his permission.Say you bought a copy of Microsoft Office with a license to use it on one PC. Are you allowed now allowed to rent it out to friend over the Internet via Terminal Services (Remote Desktop)? Guess not - despite it's still just running one one PC.Google is the owner of one license of Microsoft office in this example.Christian
Ok, now its clear. Thanks for getting back. Much appreciated Christian.