Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest FO UFO

Can I plug my real world David Clarkes into the computer?

Does anyone know if this is possible? I will obviously need an adapter of some sort. Also does this work with flightsim?cheersDavid Clearks being a brand of headset used in real world aviation

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does anyone know if this is possible? I will obviously need an adapter of some sort. Also does this work with flightsim?cheersDavid Clearks being a brand of headset used in real world aviation
It is possible. You need to purchase a converter box though. Some of the pilot shops sell them. Unfortunately, I can't recall which ones at the moment.

If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can make your own far less than what I've seen them going for. I only paid $50 for my current headset for pete's sake!Here are the plans I have found. As you can see, there's not much to it, certainly not enough to justify the $30+ prices I've seen. Really all it does is provide power to drive the headset's mic. The author of the article claims that he has no volume issues due to the impedance mismatch between the headset and sound card. If you do have problems, it shouldn't be difficult to find how to build an impedance match circuit and include it in the same box with the mic amp.http://www.flightsim.com/main/howto/adapter.htm

It works very well with my headset though mine isn't a DC. The mic is nice and sensitive so I can talk quietly when using my aviation headset. All my game headsets requir loud speech to be heard properly.The two most expensive parts are the case and the mic socket. The mic sockets are a non-standard size so I had to order mine from overseas. Steven.