Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest rdg

FSUIPC-WIDEFS - Interface/Hardware Question

Hi,I hope I got the right forum. I used these 2 utilities in FS9 and would like to do this with FSX. I know I need these two utilities from Pete, but not sure if this can be done with the setup I have.FSX now running on 1 computer, other computer free, but I am using a KV switch to share monitor, keyboard and mouse. Is there anyway to add an additional video board and install a second monitor for the client machine so I can run my flightplanner and other utilities needed to communicate with FSX?I know I can get Pete's software working, but I just dont know if my idea will work.RegardsBob G

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I hope I got the right forum. I used these 2 utilities in FS9 and would like to do this with FSX. I know I need these two utilities from Pete, but not sure if this can be done with the setup I have.FSX now running on 1 computer, other computer free, but I am using a KV switch to share monitor, keyboard and mouse. Is there anyway to add an additional video board and install a second monitor for the client machine so I can run my flightplanner and other utilities needed to communicate with FSX?I know I can get Pete's software working, but I just dont know if my idea will work.RegardsBob G
You would run WideFS on the second computer (note, the FS9 version will not work, you need to upgrade both FSUIPC and WIDEFS to work under FSX). If you have the deluxe version of FSX, you can also run any simconnect client on that machine (the reason is that only the deluxe version includes the license for the simconnect client, and it cannot be distributed with add-ons because of that EULA).You shouldn't have to purchase another video card for your client computer if you currently have it connected to your KVM because it already has a video card. I'm not sure why you would need a second video card in this scenario. If you have a second monitor, just plug the current video output going to your KVM from computer #2 to your second monitor. I cannot recommend you share keyboard/mousebetween your FSX and your other computer as you will need to operate both at the same time. Even with a separate monitor, you will more than likely need the keyboard/mouse inputs to the two computers concurrently. On my setup, I have most of my utilities running on computer #2, such as my flight map, weather generator, flight planner and utilities such as "IWillBeBack" and "AISmooth". It's virtually impossible to do what I need without a mouse/keyboard on #2.Hope this helps,Etienne