Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philipp Ringler CFI

SimConnect c++ example "throttle control"

Hello,first i have to apologize, it is a long time since i developed something for or in a windows environment.Trying to get SimConnect to work, i installed a copy of fsx, installed Sp1 and then SP2, then the SDK from the FSX DVD, then FSD SDK1a, then finally ESP SDK 2, and then ran the ConfigSDK script.Then i installed Visual C++ 2008 Express and dugg myself into the samples.I started with "Throttle Control" and selected the project. VC++ asked me if i wanted to convert to 2008 and a said yes. I assured the include and linker paths point to the right directories. Then i fired up the compiler and started the application, then started FSX.The Console output reads:Connected to FlightSimulatorReceived: 2Received: 8and then the whole thing hangs. I don't even get the message with the current throttle setting. A and Z keys also have no effect, other than a changes the view perspectives in FSX.When i close FSX, it vanishes and after a few seconds i get a window reading "Fatal error occured, FSX needs to close", with the option to send a report to MS.I tried another example, the "menu item" and this works.But i can't seem to get any data out of the sim.Does anyone know what i'm missing here?EDIT: There must be some corollary of Murphy's Law stating that the first example i try is always the one with a bug.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...hrottle+control

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!