Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djnattyd

Whats going on with the AP?

Looked around and didn't find an answer to this so...I was on a flight from Jamaica to KMIA in the default 744, AP was set at ALT-FL260, HDG was locked to the GPS and SPD was set at 280KIAS.I recieved a call from Miami telling me to decend to 12'000 which i programmed into the AP, at which point the plane went crazy!The nose suddenly went vertical and stalled me and i've no idea why. This is the second time this has happened (first time on a flight from EGLL to KJFK) but it only seems to happen in the 744.Does anyone know why or have a solution to it?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looked around and didn't find an answer to this so...I was on a flight from Jamaica to KMIA in the default 744, AP was set at ALT-FL260, HDG was locked to the GPS and SPD was set at 280KIAS.I recieved a call from Miami telling me to decend to 12'000 which i programmed into the AP, at which point the plane went crazy!The nose suddenly went vertical and stalled me and i've no idea why. This is the second time this has happened (first time on a flight from EGLL to KJFK) but it only seems to happen in the 744.Does anyone know why or have a solution to it?
I have had something like that happen when I engaged the APP. In that case, I was below the glideslope so it tried to bring me back up to the glideslope (MS ATC directed me below the glideslope). When you changed your FL from 260 to 120, the vertical speed of going down should have automatically gone to -1800 unless you accidently set the vertical speed to +1800 THEN changed the FL. Also, whenever at FL 180 and above, make sure you have reset to the altimeter to 2992 if you have real world weather activated. This might have caused the problem too as the aircraft wasn't at the proper altitude and wanted to get there before going to the descend command. Not saying you did any of this, just thoughts... I hope this helps getting your problem figured out.Best regards,Jim