Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest agentsmith611

DWC wind control

Hi, I have a few questions about DWC and the way its works. I know alot of people always have wind shift problems withflight sim. DWC does fix this, however the wind shifts so slow sometimes it doesn't get to the right direction before you land. I was wondering if DWC is just a single set varible at n.deg/n.sec or if it changes. Take for example a Gradual shear setting would equal 1deg/1sec, Mod=2deg/1sec, Sev=4deg/1sec, and Inst=10deg/1sec. And then just limit ASA from being able to set Inst shear above 5000ftMSL and Sev shear above 15000ftMSL. A 2deg/1sec change wil not overspeed the aircraft. and can be used around CB's and so on. What I like about DWC is the wind stays the way it should be going when it sets FS weather in global mode. I don't get 180 deg changes where I should not. Still getting some cloud popping but I think it is because ASA is setting my stations wrong. Is this normal, DWC is on and vis control on. If I climb up the FL320 and the winds aloft are 250/80kt. I open up map in flight sim check the weather stations. All the ground stations are reporting the wind's aloft speed and weather, not the ground weather. Is this working correct?Thanks,Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,DWC uses a fixed rate of change. Right now we do have the rate of change pretty slow. That is to combat massive wind shifts.I suggest not watching the Map in FS. Watch the data in ASA and the data in your plane. That is what I suggest you do!Thanks,