Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aidi

MS2002 re/install Help

Guest Mike20

Hi all I wonder if anyone could help me with a reinstall MS2002 has been hanging on startup and I cant work out why, so I copied all the folders from ms2002 like scenery Aircraft Textures sound and effects to cd 's as I have all Lagos mesh, and gary summons UK airports, plus other addon scenerys, and also a lot of add on aircraft freeware and payware.My question is after I reinstall FS2002 can I just drag and drop these folders back to FS2002 and drop them in there respective folders, if I do will they work correctly. as this would save me so much time over re/installing them all individualy thank you for any help you can give me regards Mike

Guest Aidi

In most instances yes this method will work. Some addons like Lago scenery will probably have to be reinstalled, as it generates a new drop down menu within the simulator itself. Might be advisable (if you have the hard drive space)once you have reinstalled Fs2002 to copy out the original folder and keep safe and then copy over the folders you have saved from the previous installation. If for what ever reason things go wrong then you have the original folder to go back to.Might also want to consider the various .cfg files that sit in the root of Fs2002 folder. Especially the scenery.cfg. If you reinstall a new copy of fs2002 none of the references to the scenery will be available with the new scenery.cfg Aidihttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg