Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Goosebump

ASA not connecting to FS9

Hi,As a Asv6 customer, I bought ASA upgrade yesterday through your website. Download of Build 316, installation & activation was oke. I then fired up FSX (or had ASA fire up FSX) and ASA connected to FSX. As I have both FSX&FS2004 (The sim with most addons and the one I fly mostly in) on my PC, next thing I tried is to make ASA work with FS9. Untill now I have not succeeded in making ASA depicting weather in FS9.This is what I have done sofar:-Read through this forum for post with simular problems. Some posts mentioned FSuipc upgrade to V3.85, upgrade to Beta build 355 and looking into the issue from the Hifi support.At the time of first installation FSuipc.dll V3.82 was installed. I upgraded to V3.85 (registered). Still no weather depiction in FS9.Installed the Beta B355. No weather loading in FS9.User defined weather is set in FS9, all suggestions in the manual for weather are also set.All this time ASv6.5 remaines installed and works fine with fs9.Batting%20Eyelashes.gifToday I decided to uninstall ASA and make a new install (with upgrade to Beta B355) with Antivirus scanner (Bitdefender) disabled, UAC in Vista disabled and Matrox Powerdesk removed (Though it was the most recent version)It all doesn't help, ASA still making no connection to FS9Here are some symptons:-In the report screen, though "Lock to closest" is ON, when the aircraft is repositioned, there is no change in the ID-box to the new airport (Worked fine in FSX)-When pushing the "Make pilot report" in the Map/Reps screen , I get the message "Not Live, You must be online using realtime data and connected to FS in order to make a Pilot report. Please try again" (Again works fine in FSX)-The ASA_Log.txt shows no communication with FS. Last line after startup is ****ASA Initial weather Synthesis Complete***. And then some lines when shutting down All this makes me wonder. Though ASA is advertised as Dual interface for both FS9& FSX , I assumed that it works with both flightsims when both are installed on the same PC (As Flightism commander does)But hey, maybe I am wrong and is this not a technical issue , just more a licence issue , which ,I must admit, I never read upon installation :( Any help greatly appreciatedMany thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Sorry for the problem.You installation is fine. What I would like you to try is to start ASA by right mouse clicking on the ASA icon and Run.......As Administrator. Then see if ASA and FS04 connect.Please let us know.Thanks,

Hi Jim,aaaahhhhhhh, it cannot be that easy B) Anyways, this does the trick. ASA is now connecting to FS9.This makes me feel real stupid, especially since this "Administrator-thing under Vista" is certainly not new to me. B) Wonder why I didn't come up with this solution myselfMaybe it's time for a holiday :( To my defence, it is not necessary when connecting to FSXCompleted today first flight with realtime weather loaded through ASA into FS9 from EBBL to EBOS , 1000ft AGL, Realair's SF260, (bad weather all the way , reduced visibility, low ceiling, rainshowers) and there is that feeling again when I bought ASv6 ...wauw... great piece of software :( On the other hand, damm you HiFi-Simulation , I need to have ASA visible now all the time during flight .... :( Again many thanksPS: I am going to install ASA on another PC and run it networked. I already had 4times activaton-windows pop-ups (Install of Beta also triggers new activation proces)Just makes me wonder. Will I run into problems here?

Hi,Very Good!Just uninstall ASA form the main computer and run from the client. Activations are still OK.Thanks!

Oke, duly noted. But first I am gonna jump into the manual and look for any issues concerning networked use of ASA :( Thanks again Jim