Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

databurst

Mobo Recommendation?

Hello Fellow Simmers,I am looking for suggestions for a replacement motherboard for my FSX & DVR (SageTV) rig. That is all I use it for. Currently I am using a Gigabyte P35-DS3R with:E6850 Processor2Gb Oz DDR2 1066 RAM500 Gb SATA driveEVGA 8800 GTS video cardLinksys PCI wireless cardTV tuner PCI cardSoundblaster PCI card600w power supplyThe biggest reason for changing it is to reduce power use. The PC wont come out of Windows standby cleanly, and can't wake it up simply by moving the mouse or hitting a key on the keyboard. This is a must. So the system stays running full time which is a waste of energy and thus too much heat.One feature I really like about the Gigabyte board is its CPU fan control is well customized to map the fan speed to the temperature range of your choice. Being a DVR, it needs to stay quiet when not cranking hard with FSX.On very rare occasions it will reboot on me while sitting idle and the clock on the CPU will revert back to some date in 2006. So it has some issues. I had a P35 Abit board that worked well with these items but opted to trade for better overclocking features. Guess that was a mistake.So in a replacement board, features I am looking for:- support the components listed above- cleanly can go in Windows standby and wake up via keyboard/mouse movement- fan control like the Gigabyte - can assign fan speed to specific temp ranges- good mild overclocking features- PCI Express 2.0 x16, and 3 PCI slots - ATX sizeAny suggestions? Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!