Sign in to follow this  
Guest 56RAF_Seeker

Noob questions....

Guest 56RAF_Seeker

Hi all,This seems a very interesting project, and I've a few questions I didn't see adressed in the quick start guide:1) Vista64; is it doable? I see a lot of posts mentioning driver trouble.2) Aftermarket scenery: Is TP compatable with after market scenery? Do you all remove any or all scenery efore using TP? TP as I understand it gives new textures, but what about coast lines, river flows, elevation etc?

Guest cbuchner1
Hi all,This seems a very interesting project, and I've a few questions I didn't see adressed in the quick start guide:1) Vista64; is it doable? I see a lot of posts mentioning driver trouble.2) Aftermarket scenery: Is TP compatable with after market scenery? Do you all remove any or all scenery efore using TP? TP as I understand it gives new textures, but what about coast lines, river flows, elevation etc?
Third party elevation meshes are a good combination with Tileproxy.More accurate third party coast lines will enhance the breaking waves effect in Tileproxy shorelines.Third party vector roads lead to more accurate positioning of moving road vehicles on photographic roads.Vector rivers are not shown in TP scenery.Christian1) Vista64; is it doable? I see a lot of posts mentioning driver trouble.If you manage to enter your Windows boot menu (appears when pressing F8 during start up), the same menu that allows you to choose safe mode will appear. It also contains the "unsigned drivers" option.

If you manage to enter your Windows boot menu (appears when pressing F8 during start up), the same menu that allows you to choose safe mode will appear. It also contains the "unsigned drivers" option.
What he means to say here is that with TileProxy a driver will be installed that's not official, it's unsigned, so in order to run TileProxy you have to run Vista with the option to use unsigned drivers. This means that everytime you want to fly with TileProxy, you will have to boot the computer to the menu, choose the unsigned driver option and go on with booting Vista... It's nasty but it's the only way. And this won't change either because getting a driver to be signed costs too much money.Apart from that I've read that getting TileProxy to run with Vista 64 is a matter of luck: on some systems it will run and on some it just won't. Just try it and see what happens... I have Vista 64 and I haven't tried it yet because I've read too much negative posts about it.