Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

SBuilder Not Compatible with Vista x64

Guest Christopher_D

Hello, all.I have installed SBuilder on a Vista x 64 based system and get the following errors:Error1.jpgI click OK and get the following windows . . . Error2.jpgWhich is followed by this error:Error3.jpgThen SBuilder closes.I hit the SBuilder forums, but they are closed and locked, so I could not post there. I did find a few 32 bit related posts and tried the troubleshooting as follows:I manually moved the required SDK files to the tools folder so it looks like this:SBuilder%20Tools%20Folder.jpgThen checked the FSX registry entry and confirmed it is correct as follows:Registry%20Local%20Machine.jpgAnd the SDK registry is correct as well:Registry%20Local%20Machine%20SDK.jpgOkay, sorry about posting all of that, but I want to get that out of the way before someone wrote me telling me that I did not follow the troubleshooting steps on the SBuilder forums. So my question is: Are there any utilities out there that make it easy to download and place photo scenery in FSX that are 64 bit compatible?I'd greatly appreciate any leads, as I want to embark on a massive project to expand Colorado and Oregon state coverage for personal use and practice as a VFR pilot.Thanks for any leads. Hopefully something is out there that is 64 bit compatible.<<EDIT>> Correction of spelling errors.Chris

Guest Christopher_D
SBX works fine with Vista64, but there's a little extra work required. See this thread which should get you on your way;http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9971
Thanks for that. As a result of that thread it linked to another thread here:I DID find this post:http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC...archTerms=vistaMy issue is now RESOLVED! in case anyone searches AVSIM for this, here is what I did (copied from the original post):
1. Download CorFlags.exe from http://www.apexsql.com/zips/CorFlags.zip or install the .NET 2.0 SDK to aquire CorFlags.exe2. Copy the corflags file to you sBuilderX install directory3. Open a command prompt and so that you are sitting in the root of the sBuilderC install folder (F:\FSX ADDON\SBuilderX in my case)4. Type - "corflags.exe sbuilderx.exe /32bit+5. The 32-bit flag is now set. Execute sBuilder from your normal shortcut - Voila!
MANY thanks to poster "Jason" in the other forum for this and thanks to the reply above for leading me in this general direction.

Guest luissa

Hello,I am revising SBuilderX and one thing that I already fixed was to choose 32bit as the target CPU. I hope that fixes the problem with VISTA.Regards,Luis

Guest Christopher_D
Hello,I am revising SBuilderX and one thing that I already fixed was to choose 32bit as the target CPU. I hope that fixes the problem with VISTA.Regards,Luis
Louis that would be bloody awesome, mate! I do appreciate that a lot. With the fix above I did successfully get the program running and as a result created daytime photo scenery for all of NorthEastern Colorado. This nicely compliments the MegasceneryEarth tiles I have installed for the same state. This is where my flight school is located so I can now easily practice VFR in my school's airspace.I used to use this program a lot with Vista 32 and was starting to lose hope with x64 until I found that fix (thanks to MeshMan for that).Now I hope to put my wife to work with her Photoshop skills to make night versions of the scenery I created :-)Forum Mod -- can you possibly change the title of this thread (if you see this) to "SBuilder and Vista x64 Fix"? I can no longer edit my first post to change that for others to find this in searches.