Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fleahead_of_Ohio

Problem - Docked Panels Invisible

Guest fleahead

Here's one I've never heard before. I'm running multimonitor with TH2Gx3 for my main view and a single 17"ws for my controls window. Depending on the aircraft, I may leave some of the panels, like throttles or overhead, off to the side (docked) in the main screen. The other stuff, 2d cockpit panel and radio, is undocked and dragged down to the lower screen. I just upgraded Ultra Terrain X and also installed GEX. After that is when I saw this problem... none of the docked panels in the main screen are visible. If I click in the area where I know the panels are supposed to be, I can see the outline of the panel, and if I right click on it and select undocked, then the panel becomes visible. If I take one of the undocked panels from my secondary screen and drag it up to the main screen, it stays visible until I un-undock it. It then goes invisible until I undock it again. The ATC panel works normal, as it is visible docked or undocked. If the mouse pointer passes over any of the invisible switches, they can be clicked, so I know the panel is actually... it's just invisible. Again, this did not start until I installed GEX and UTX, but I see noway for either of these to have any effect on cockpit panels. Anyone have any suggestions?

Guest Fleahead_of_Ohio

Update if anyone was interested in this... it seemed to be something in fsx.cfg. I loaded an old backup copy I had and the panels work normally.