Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest timothyj69

FS 2004 updated scenery files....HAT switch wont work now.

Okay today when I started FS it updated scenery files....Well I didnt install any scenery files, and I was going to go into a mp flight and the other guys had the same thing happen to them when they started fs also.SO now ! my hat switch on my joystick wont work in FS it works fine in calibration but it wont switch views in the simulator....#####..It was working fine earlier.I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.I dont want to have to reinstall FS . So what can I do?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,

....Well I didnt install any scenery files
Maybe you installed some scenery files and was unaware of the fact.Some paywares aircraft (and at less extend .. freewares aircrafts) contain some other files as flight files and scenery(ies) ... and also sometime old version of FSUIPC ! (auto-install)So, it's can be this.Also check the creation and modification dates of the scenery.cfg and FS9.cfg !Anyways .. the show phenomena is not the act of a ghost in your computer :)Regards.bye.gif

Okay today when I started FS it updated scenery files....Well I didnt install any scenery files, and I was going to go into a mp flight and the other guys had the same thing happen to them when they started fs also.SO now ! my hat switch on my joystick wont work in FS it works fine in calibration but it wont switch views in the simulator....#####..It was working fine earlier.I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.I dont want to have to reinstall FS . So what can I do?
Don't know why your joystick commands were knocked out of whack, but the FS update was due to the Daylight Saving Time change.

If you are running XP (not sure if Vista) all you have to do is unplug joystick (USB, I hope) wait 20 seconds, then plug it back in. You might hear a 'bong' sound on both operations-ignore them. It should all be automatic. Unless you have some sort of profiles to set up, then that would require the joystick software, but your stick should be good to go now. XP will automatically install the drivers for your joystick. Much better drivers than any found on joy CD (believe me). Don't forget to do calibration(s). One withing XP and one within FS9. Hope this helps.Chuck BNapamule