Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Callmecapt

Limited connection after 2nd update

Recently, I have been getting very limited connection to the internet and most of my other internet based programs after the 2nd update of AS6.5. It's very weird. This has only started happening since I got a new router/modem. And it only happens when Activesky starts. Nothing else is causing it. I always have to disconnect the power to the router and then reconnect it and renew the connection to get full functionality in all my internet based software.I've checked the settings in the router and all looks good.Is this a known issue or has anyone been able to replicate it?Goran

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Goran,Sorry for the problem. First, this is not a known problem to us. I am not sure if anyone else will post their findings.Updates to ASV6.5 were made long ago, so I am not sure what you mean by the second update of ASv6.5.Are you using the firewall on the new router?Do you connect to the Internet through a proxy server?Please let em know and I'll see what I can do to help.Thanks,

Ok, I'll tell you how it happens. I have ALL updates to AS. I start AS first, let it download weather, import the flight plan, process it, then start flight sim with Ground environment.When AS updates its weather for the 2nd time, that's when I have the problem of limited internet functionality. If I use MS weather, all is fine. If I use Vatsim weather, all is fine. However, Vatsim leaves a lot to be desired for it's weather accuracy. 9 degrees celcius in trinidad is kind of doubtful.This problem doesnt always happen. But it dies happen often.I do have a firewall in the router but it is configured to allow AS to receive downloads. No proxy servers. I can fix the problem by unplugging the router then replugging it back in to reset the connection, but it's a pain in the u know what.Goran

Hi,Strange that it happens only some of the time.Try setting the router back to its default settings and see if that makes a difference.Thanks,